Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (4/56) > >>

Sir Wolf:
how did the chausis work out? any pulled rings? any pain and suffering of the wearer?

Sir Edward:

I had a ring unlink from one the four around it, that I'm aware of. Nothing else that I noticed. I found that I might have to adjust it and move it around after sitting down, since they would slide down from my thigh a bit, and the only thing pulling it back up is that one connection to the belt. Someday when I'm smarter about this sort of thing I may sew it onto a leather piece around the thigh to keep it all straight, since I think that's what they did in period.

Das Bill:
The shield looks really good with the rest of the kit.

Now we just need to get you a really nice 13th c. sword! (You know how I am about swords...)

I think this one, when its finished, will likely look awesome with what you're going for:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/nextgen/sword-medieval-chevalier-xa.htm

Based on this miniature:

Sir Wolf:
i go tone like this that still needs a scabbard

Sir Edward:
Yeah, that Albion design looks pretty sweet. I do also have my Albion Baron on order, and it's a XIIa, some of which like this date into the latter half of the 13th C. The suspension won't be period, but then I can also swap it out. I bought a double-wrap sword belt at NCRF that is a lot closer. I also want to get a single-hander from this period, but decided to start with the longsword.

I'm still waiting to hear from Christian Fletcher. He was originally estimating a May delivery, but since the actual work I'm commissioning isn't that complex, it could mean that he'll also be starting it in May. Being that it's April already, I'm getting anxious. :)

EDIT: While at NCRF I carried an old CAS/I sword on a baldric. The sword was less out of period than the baldric, but it's certainly a cheaper "costume sword" as far as I'm concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version