Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (31/56) > >>

Sir Edward:

Well, I completely forgot that CAS/GDFB discontinued all the stainless mail they had. This is making things complicated. I'm trying to get a new full-sleeve hauberk that I can wear and be more historical.

Looking at Icefalcon, the dome riveted one that would fit me is a good $200+ more expensive than KoA's prices, and it would be another $350 or something to get it with wedge rivets.

KoA still has the 60" hauberk in stainless in stock. As far as I can tell, the 48" version has vanished entirely, and even if I find it on another site, it's likely to cost more than the 60" from KoA.

So, I've ordered the 60". I can cut it down. Now that I have links and a tool I can work with!

Sir Brian:
hmm and do you have any plans for the portions you will be cutting out?  ??? ;D
And if the portion you will be cutting out still isn't be enough to suit my needs would you consider going on a crash diet before making any alterations?  :D

*Hey there is no harm in asking! Don't hate me because you all didn't think to ask first!* :P

Sir Edward:

Well, we'll just have to see. :) I know I need some for the toes of my chausses, but that's not a lot. I'll need some for the hands too.

I may be removing about 10" (at full extension) from the front and back, but I'll just have to see. The 48" would have fit reasonably well, but I might need a little more just to comfortably accommodate the gambeson, so I may not take out the full 12". So in a way, ordering the 60" might be a blessing in disguise.

Oh, the gambeson... What I decided to do is have Jess Finley (Fuhlen Designs) make me a 13th century aketon. It's looking like August/September before my turn comes up.

Sir Wolf:
wow cool. whats she charging?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-23, 20:57:51 ---Well, we'll just have to see. :) I know I need some for the toes of my chausses, but that's not a lot. I'll need some for the hands too.

--- End quote ---

Oh, and I'll probably be expanding the sides down near the base so that it's not just a tube with crotch splits.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-04-23, 21:40:06 ---wow cool. whats she charging?

--- End quote ---

She's treating it as one of her normal gambesons, so $350.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version