Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (32/56) > >>

Ian:
This place in Poland has some really cool arming garments.  Greg Mele pointed me toward this store to get a hold of helmets produced by Jacek Matera, but browsing around revealed lots of cool stuff.

http://www.gambeson.pl/medieval-on-line-shop/12th-13th-century-gambesons.html

Sir Edward:

I can haz mail...

The new hauberk is on the right, and the haubergeon for my mid-14th kit is on the left. Interestingly, the hauberk comes with narrower sleeves. I may not need to squeeze them in as much. However, they're not as long as I expected either, so I may be adding length from the body pieces I cut out to reduce the size. I'll be relocating a lot of material in this project, for sure.

Sir Wolf:
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-26, 22:49:37 ---
I can haz mail...

The new hauberk is on the right, and the haubergeon for my mid-14th kit is on the left. Interestingly, the hauberk comes with narrower sleeves. I may not need to squeeze them in as much. However, they're not as long as I expected either, so I may be adding length from the body pieces I cut out to reduce the size. I'll be relocating a lot of material in this project, for sure.

--- End quote ---

Congrats! Did that come from IceFalcon? The sleeves do look much thinner than mine. It looks the same height as the haubergeon too?

I prefer relocating material, to weaving it ring by ring from scratch. :)

Sir Edward:
Nope, it was one of the last remaining GDFB stainless ones. They've been discontinued, but KoA still had the 60" in stock. It's actually longer than the haubergeon, it's just that they're not both stretched the same way in the photo. Stretching them more length-wise, it looks like it's 5" longer at full stretch.

Interestingly, the sleeves narrow to the same width that we measured out on the haubergeon to fit over my gambeson. They may not need much tapering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version