Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (30/56) > >>

Sir Edward:

I went with black, with buckles, and with the lugged soles. They look like they'll do the job pretty well!

Sir Brian:
I decided not to get the lugged soles since I don't intend to wear my spurs with them but they will be nice and comfortable for the demo. :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-04-09, 17:34:52 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-09, 16:32:25 ---So get this-- I ordered a set of ankle boots from Viking Leathercrafts. Nice and affordable, and while I haven't worn them yet (just tried one on to make sure the size was right), I can tell they're more well made than the Revival ones. I expect these to work really well. Now I'm wishing I saved my money on those Sandlars. These are much more historical looking and should be perfectly comfortable.
--- End quote ---
Lol! That is so freaking cool because I just got my pair for my 14th C soft kit last Thursday and they are excellent and very affordable! :)
These are the ones I got.

--- End quote ---

I've got 2 pairs of those, one in brown and one in black.  The brown pair are for use with my sabs and work great.  I punched holes in them for the toe points.  The only issue is the lacing they come with are too thick and the mega-knots they form when tied can interfere with sabs or greaves, so I redommend replacing them with something thinner, or just punch some more holes and make the shoe side-laced instead.

Sir William:
Viking leather is considering running some sort of sale via the AA...he's asking for suggestions.  I'm pretty sure I replied 'shoes'.  :)

Sir Wolf:
awesome, always wanted a pair

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version