Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (29/56) > >>

Sir Edward:
Well, it's time to rethink the footwear that I wear under the mail chausses. I went with the Revival Clothing medieval ankle boots (looks like they're discontinued now), and they didn't make it through an entire season. When I got home last week, the sole popped off of one of them. The other is pealing too. I'm glad they made it through the day-- the sole came off as a stepped out of the car at home.

I'm tempted to go back to Sandlar's booth at MDRF, since they make an ankle-high boot. The advantage of this is that it will be durable and waterproof. The downside is that it won't look historical, but then it'll mostly be hidden under the foot of the mail anyway.

Sir Wolf:
ug are u kidding me? that sucks. they weren't made as a proper turn shoe but still that blows

Sir William:
That guy standing to the right...a bit of a dandy, isn't he?  ;)

Sir Edward, sorry to hear about the footwear but if you're anything like me, you're somewhat excited at the prospect of acquiring new footwear!  Ok, maybe I don't get worked up like I used to but anything new to the kit is well...its cool, very cool.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-10-07, 19:47:41 ---Well, it's time to rethink the footwear that I wear under the mail chausses. I went with the Revival Clothing medieval ankle boots (looks like they're discontinued now), and they didn't make it through an entire season. When I got home last week, the sole popped off of one of them. The other is pealing too. I'm glad they made it through the day-- the sole came off as a stepped out of the car at home.

I'm tempted to go back to Sandlar's booth at MDRF, since they make an ankle-high boot. The advantage of this is that it will be durable and waterproof. The downside is that it won't look historical, but then it'll mostly be hidden under the foot of the mail anyway.

--- End quote ---

Well, it's funny how this worked out. I bought those Sandlar ankle-high boots this past season, and ended up grinding out a small channel on the sole to accommodate the strap for the spurs. They work, but I have to remember to wear thick socks to keep them really tight on my feet, or else I may get some nasty blisters (which happened once). They were kinda expensive too.

So get this-- I ordered a set of ankle boots from Viking Leathercrafts. Nice and affordable, and while I haven't worn them yet (just tried one on to make sure the size was right), I can tell they're more well made than the Revival ones. I expect these to work really well. Now I'm wishing I saved my money on those Sandlars. These are much more historical looking and should be perfectly comfortable.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-09, 16:32:25 ---So get this-- I ordered a set of ankle boots from Viking Leathercrafts. Nice and affordable, and while I haven't worn them yet (just tried one on to make sure the size was right), I can tell they're more well made than the Revival ones. I expect these to work really well. Now I'm wishing I saved my money on those Sandlars. These are much more historical looking and should be perfectly comfortable.
--- End quote ---
Lol! That is so freaking cool because I just got my pair for my 14th C soft kit last Thursday and they are excellent and very affordable! :)
These are the ones I got.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version