Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (25/56) > >>

Sir Brian:
Go with the pour point! Sir Andrew suggested a pour point to me last year and I'm so glad he did! It is beyond a doubt far more comfortable than a belt! It will be another layer which will add to the heat issue of course but still more comfortable since the belts have a tendency to bite into you throughout the day.  ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-07-20, 03:14:11 ---at the top of these chausis is a belt loop. ( James aka kivian has a pair) you will need to do something about the bottom of the foot though. they are open.  I have seen people make a leather sole and either sew or put rings into the sole and attach them into the rings of the mail foot.

--- End quote ---

Well, I ordered a set!

Yeah, for the foot, I'll need to see how well the mail covers the top of the foot and whether it reaches the toe tips. One thing I might be able to do is run a leather lace through the links at the edge and zig-zag it under the sole (and use a turnshoe or some other reasonably period shoe). I think this is a period way of doing it anyway, but I'm not sure.

I'll have to see if I can find some pics showing ways of doing this.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2010-07-20, 11:57:42 ---Go with the pour point! Sir Andrew suggested a pour point to me last year and I'm so glad he did! It is beyond a doubt far more comfortable than a belt! It will be another layer which will add to the heat issue of course but still more comfortable since the belts have a tendency to bite into you throughout the day.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I've ordered one of these as well. I think it'll be handy to have in general, even if I end up with a belt on the chausses (which I'm used to already), since I'll be working on additional kits! :)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-07-20, 14:42:14 ---One thing I might be able to do is run a leather lace through the links at the edge and zig-zag it under the sole (and use a turnshoe or some other reasonably period shoe). I think this is a period way of doing it anyway, but I'm not sure.

--- End quote ---

Like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8765199@N07/4300825325/in/set-72157606473530717/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8765199@N07/4301572130/in/set-72157606473530717/

Sir Wolf:
that works too. of course i've seen guys in the SCA wear tennis shoes or boots and staple the mail to the soles sides of the shoes. so they have good footwear but its hidden heheh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version