Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (24/56) > >>

Sir Wolf:
very cool

Sir Edward:

That's good to know. I suspected that was the case, and even if it wasn't intentional by design, it looks very straightforward to do. Thanks! :)

Sir Brian:
Well I got the exchanged wrestling jacket yesterday from Revial Clothing and it fits perfectly!
I had to settle for black since they were out of the forest green in the size I needed but black
works just as well. I wish I had this a week earlier! This will be much cooler on those warmer
days yet still offer adequate protection from those armor bites. I'm very happy with it!  ;D

Sir Edward:

Well, I think it's getting to be time to re-evaluate my mail chausses again. The aluminum just keeps falling apart. I'm still looking at this set on Ice Falcon's site: http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/stainless-chainmail-chausses-regular-ff808181179c9ac201179d9536cd376c-p.html

They're a little pricey, but I shouldn't have any problems with riveted steel coming apart just from walking!

I suspect I'll still need to do something similar to what I've already done, if not completely re-use the leather. I just need to decide if I want to point them to a pourpoint (like this one) or something similar, or do what I've been doing and suspend them from a belt.

The other thing is that since these are full-length, I really should get used to the idea of using period footwear with it, or at least use modern shoes that I can hide under the mail and make it look period enough. :)

And... the mail would be strong enough to attach the knees I bought, finally.

Sir Wolf:
at the top of these chausis is a belt loop. ( James aka kivian has a pair) you will need to do something about the bottom of the foot though. they are open.  I have seen people make a leather sole and either sew or put rings into the sole and attach them into the rings of the mail foot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version