Main > The Armoury

Armor recommendations??

<< < (9/13) > >>

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-01-15, 17:09:19 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-01-15, 16:53:33 ---still cant believe you bought mail bed sheets
--- End quote ---

Because that’s the way I roll bro! ;)

--- End quote ---

You never know if ring-wraiths are coming for you.

What if they had maille Snuggies?

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2014-01-15, 18:27:20 ---Allbeststuff is legit, my friend Elliot and Frater Rogerson on the DoK group got that maille, it's a bit heavier than typical stuff but it's rather decent quality for a good price. I'd have it too if I had known about it before my purchases too cause it's round riveted with solid punched rings which is period for crusaders and most of Europe all into 1350.

--- End quote ---

Did they use Ebay or the website?

Sir Nate:
Maille Snuggies. I should make a list of things that would be cool as maille. Like shirts.... Wait that already exists.

Don Jorge:
It seems like the website IS theirs...here is the response I got...

--- Quote ---Dear x_emrys_x,

Hello Sir

That surely is my website.

I understand the concern and the reason is I have range of over 1500 products in chain mail, plate armor & others & everything is not sync everywhere. Honestly I do not spend much time in maintaining my website or ebay as these are retail outlets and my prime business is in bulk orders.

You can buy from anywhere per your convenience. On ebay my standard size aventail will cost USD 70.

Measurements are: top circumference: 18 inches, height: 9 inches, bottom circumference: 34 inches.

Best regards
Nitin

- all_beststuff
--- End quote ---

Do those measurements add up to a proper aventail that can be attached to a bascinet fit for me (my head circumference is 24.5 inches) or am I going to be frustrated when I get it in the mail?

Sir James A:
Depends on the helmet style.

If your head is 24.5" circumference, your helmet will be larger. Some styles of helmet taper down towards the neck, so it will be a smaller circumference. Whether or not it will fit depends on what the circumference of the helmet is where you plan to attach the aventail.

As a general guess, I'm going to say it won't. I'm a bit over 17" at the neck, so that means I'd have to wear that aventail as a necklace. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version