Main > The Armoury

Armor recommendations??

<< < (10/13) > >>

Don Jorge:
I am going to talk to my armorer to see how wide the aventail needs to be at the top and see if Nitin will modify it to fit my helm...and how much more that is going to cost me...

Ian:
But most aventails are sold as perfect concentric circles.  You'd still have to build up the face area or tailor it, so it may still work.  I have an icefalcon aventail and it's huge, but it certainly needed tailoring and additional maille built up to create the part that covers the chin and cheeks.  There's no aventail that you can just buy and have it fit like a 14th century aventail without tailoring and adding rings to the facial opening.

But at 18'' at the top opening circumference.... that won't even fit over anyone's head, so either those measurements are wrong, or he's misusing the word circumference... or it's just really tiny...

Sir James A:
At 9" high I had figured trimming down near the face, but I forgot how tall he is.

I agree, 18" top opening sounds very small.

Don Jorge:

Hello Sir,

Apologies for the typo error, I wanted to write diameter. The aventail we discussed has 28 inches top circumference measured from measuring tape.

Bottom circumference is between 64-65 inch. Height is 9-10 inches,

Bets regards
Nitin

Makes more sense...

Sir James A:
That makes a *whole lot* more sense. I'd go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version