Main > The Courtyard

MASHS Free Play Sunday!

(1/3) > >>

Sir Brian:
Attention All,

My HEMA group, MASHS (Mid-Atlantic Society for Historic Swordsmanship) will be having a Free-Play Sunday November 24th at the Pip Moyer Recreation Center in Annapolis, Maryland from 2:30 PM until 4:30 PM. Free-play essentially means that instructions will be limited to allow for unlimited bouts. The normal $10.00 floor fee is also waived making this truly a ‘Free Play’ Sunday so come out to play!  :)

Pip Moyer recreation center is located at:
273 Hilltop Lane
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 263-7958

Sir William:
Sir Brian, how's the I.33 program coming along?

Sir Brian:
Larry is still working on the curriculum but intends to start classes in January. Last Sunday I loaned one of the assistant instructors Paul Wiedorn my steel side sword so he can have an example to work with on making an aluminum version as a cost effective alternative to steel or synthetic blades.  If you want to start I.33 with us in January you can or you could start earlier and get some instruction on longsword since we have a new crop of novices start with us a few weeks ago. ;)

Sir William:
I am very interested in the I.33 program...and absolutely none in longsword.  I'll leave it for my much-more suitable brethren, I just can't seem to grasp it in a way that would make me more formidable.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-11-19, 15:30:55 ---My HEMA group, MASHS (Mid-Atlantic Society for Historic Swordsmanship) will be having a Free-Play Sunday November 24th at the Pip Moyer Recreation Center in Annapolis, Maryland from 2:30 PM until 4:30 PM.

--- End quote ---

I might be able to do that! I'm horrifically out of shape though. Haven't done anything since WMAW. At least we can bang up my saber some more though. :)

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-11-19, 19:33:43 ---I am very interested in the I.33 program...and absolutely none in longsword.  I'll leave it for my much-more suitable brethren, I just can't seem to grasp it in a way that would make me more formidable.

--- End quote ---

Well, one word of warning-- whichever sword you fall in love with, it can become a "gateway sword" for wanting to learn the others. Heh :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version