Main > The Courtyard

MASHS Free Play Sunday!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
That's the dream, Sir Edward, that's the dream.  I remember when I first got interested in real swords, which occurred shortly after I realized there was a difference between those and the $20 wallhangers at the local flea mart (lol), it was all about the huge, two-handed beasts a la Type XIIa and XIIIa.  Having handled a few of each type, I realized I wanted something less massive but still beastly looking and the Crecy fit that bill to a T.  But I wasn't in love with it...or longsword- in my very limited experience anyway.  There's always hope.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-11-19, 19:33:43 ---I am very interested in the I.33 program...and absolutely none in longsword.  I'll leave it for my much-more suitable brethren, I just can't seem to grasp it in a way that would make me more formidable.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-11-19, 20:06:49 ---Well, one word of warning-- whichever sword you fall in love with, it can become a "gateway sword" for wanting to learn the others. Heh :)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps in addition to I.33, you should consider the Italian dueling saber if you do not care for the longsword. It offers a great balance of speed, athleticism and finesse yet isn't too demanding on precision to be skilled.  ;)

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-11-19, 20:06:49 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-11-19, 15:30:55 ---My HEMA group, MASHS (Mid-Atlantic Society for Historic Swordsmanship) will be having a Free-Play Sunday November 24th at the Pip Moyer Recreation Center in Annapolis, Maryland from 2:30 PM until 4:30 PM.
--- End quote ---
I might be able to do that! I'm horrifically out of shape though. Haven't done anything since WMAW. At least we can bang up my saber some more though. :)
--- End quote ---
I was hoping you'd be able to come! :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-11-20, 09:49:53 ---Perhaps in addition to I.33, you should consider the Italian dueling saber if you do not care for the longsword. It offers a great balance of speed, athleticism and finesse yet isn't too demanding on precision to be skilled.  ;)
--- End quote ---

Just perfect for me, then.  Point taken, Sir Brian!  ;)

Sir Brian:
Oh btw since you are interested in I:33 you might want to buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medieval-Art-of-Sword-Shield-The-Combat-System-of-Royal-Armouries-MS-I-33-/181059568195?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2a27fdc243#ht_1277wt_758

They are getting really hard to find now. I just bought one to replace the one I gave to Larry so he can develop the lesson plans. Seriously, they are apparently out of print now.  :o

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-11-20, 17:28:08 ---Oh btw since you are interested in I:33 you might want to buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medieval-Art-of-Sword-Shield-The-Combat-System-of-Royal-Armouries-MS-I-33-/181059568195?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2a27fdc243#ht_1277wt_758

They are getting really hard to find now. I just bought one to replace the one I gave to Larry so he can develop the lesson plans. Seriously, they are apparently out of print now.  :o

--- End quote ---

Hey man, good looking out!  Bought it- I should get mine between Monday and Wednesday next week according to the checkout page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version