Main > The Armoury

My Kit...14th Century for CotT (SCA Legal)

<< < (11/22) > >>

Ian:
Well, you could call it quits there, or you could probably extrapolate for a 52" chest by looking at the pattern and making adjustments when you build it in muslin first. A sewing pattern is really only a guideline. Once you build the muslin prototype you end up with a custom pattern anyway.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-12-14, 13:48:47 ---Well, you could call it quits there, or you could probably extrapolate for a 52" chest by looking at the pattern and making adjustments when you build it in muslin first. A sewing pattern is really only a guideline. Once you build the muslin prototype you end up with a custom pattern anyway.

--- End quote ---

Yep. If your height is fine, just add consistent extra for the width. Build it bigger, trim it down to fit. Or make a pattern from scratch. If money is an issue, there's a few sites that have rough patterns but you'll have to template it out on cardboard yourself; or get the $35 one to have a head start, and just mark one side, then slide the template over more to account for that extra width (don't trace both sides in place, only one).

Don Jorge:
I think I might just make my own pattern using her other tutorial http://cottesimple.com/tutorials/drafting-grande-assiette-upper-sleeve/

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-11-30, 06:03:38 ---I've got a set of blackened spring steel legs from Maxim. Good stuff. I've also got a set of mild steel cuisses, arms, and pauldrons on the way. Shipped a week or two ago, but it's a gamble with when it will get delivered from the Ukraine. Sometimes it's a couple weeks, sometimes 8+ ... all depends on customs. Will let you know more when I get the armor.

His communication is great, even with the language barrier. Haven't fought in any of his armor, but articulation is good.

--- End quote ---

Updates?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2013-12-18, 14:54:49 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-11-30, 06:03:38 ---I've got a set of blackened spring steel legs from Maxim. Good stuff. I've also got a set of mild steel cuisses, arms, and pauldrons on the way. Shipped a week or two ago, but it's a gamble with when it will get delivered from the Ukraine. Sometimes it's a couple weeks, sometimes 8+ ... all depends on customs. Will let you know more when I get the armor.

His communication is great, even with the language barrier. Haven't fought in any of his armor, but articulation is good.

--- End quote ---

Updates?

--- End quote ---

Still waiting on the armor - likely held up in customs. Not unusual for overseas shipments. I'm usually pretty fast to snap pics of new armor and post them. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version