Main > The Armoury

My Kit...14th Century for CotT (SCA Legal)

<< < (10/22) > >>

Lord Dane:
But do you have any mead??? :)  :P

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-12-05, 19:05:36 ---But do you have any mead??? :)  :P

--- End quote ---

Of course! But it's dark.

Don Jorge:
So I have bought 4 yards of Green and 4 yards of Gold Linen and 6 yards of Bamboo/Cotton blend batting to make my gambeson. Ian, I was thinking of doing something like your Charles de Blois pourpoint. I saw you have the pattern, by any chance is there online pdf I can download somewhere for free? Also the pattern would have to be for someone my size.

I found this pattern online but having spent over 120 bucks on materials already I am looking for a free option.

I also got through AA a sheet of mild steel which I will be using to make a CoP. Going to get some Green or Gold Wool (the opposite of whichever color i chose to make the gambeson) and some canvas and line with with linen on the inside and make myself a CoP wooooo :)

Also the wife is buying me armor this xmas. Gave her a short list of things....mostly from Al @ Merc Tailors...some simple knew and elbow cops with rondels, espauldiers and some boots from viking leather craft with vibram soles....lets see what I get under the christmas tree!

Little by little the kit will develop :)

And then start saving for Spring Steel stuff...plate or splinted...still torn!

Ian:
Jorge,

This is the pattern I bought:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/tasha-kelly/the-pourpoint-of-charles-de-blois/paperback/product-15326605.html

It's only $35, and it includes the patterns for a bunch of sizes (chest sizes 37-50).  You just assemble and cut out the one that pertains to you.  It's totally worth it.  What I did was cut out my size pattern, build it in muslin, and then tweak the pattern, then I adjusted the paper pattern based on what I did to the muslin, and then cut my linen.

Tasha Kelly made the pattern (Tailoress on the AA).  She's a class act, and helped me every step of the way when I had questions.

Don Jorge:
Alas, 52-54 chest :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version