Main > The Great Hall

Hail Sir Knights

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2013-11-05, 17:38:28 ---Welcome aboard!...I probably should do my intro post sometime myself eh...but from what I have seen everyone here is quite friendly and it seems a close knit group :)

--- End quote ---

It certainly wouldn't hurt. Everyone here is pretty friendly, and we all like to see introductions so we can all get to know each other. :)

Thorsteinn:
Welcome!

As a member of the SCA's West Kingdom I know a few of your fellow Aussie's, and one of your former Kings lives not far from me. :)

Sir Nate:
 Hail and Welcome To modern-chivalry Edward, glad to see we reach to all areas of the globe.

Sir Patrick:
Hail and well met!  You are correct, sir, we are the friendliest board on the net.

Edward Jeagal:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-11-05, 21:02:25 ---Hail and welcome! Perhaps you can answer the age-old question of "does the toilet water drain in the opposite direction down under"?

And huzzah for the mid 16th century!!

--- End quote ---

Yes the toilet water does drain in the opposite direction down here however to sustain this phenomenon we are required to offer daily sacrifices to the Mad Laughing Kookabarru Prime Minister. It's cruel and unusual but it's the only way.

Also huzzah for I have found someone who also likes the mid 16th century! It's astonishing for me when I see how little this period is appreciated around here. The farthest the heavy fighters go is late 15th century and everything after that becomes hazy. I've even been told by another SCA member that a sallet + bevor combo was the primary style of head protection for 16th century knights and nobles until the burgonet 'replaced' everything. Bah, one day I'll shall show them the glory of the mid 16th century! Until then, I shall remain silent and listen to such informative comments from my local SCA members such as "the armet was only used for jousting", "the close helm never existed" and "late 14th century knights never had plate armour".

Ha now I'm starting to sound like a terrible whinger but I know they mean well. I know I sounded like a buffoon when I was younger and uninformed so I shouldn't be too hard on them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version