Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (8/27) > >>

Sir Douglas:
I quite like it! :D And I like the surcoat you came up with to go with it, too.

Now let's see if I can get this without looking up anything:

"Argent, over two chevrons vert, a rampant hart proper [not sure how the location of the crown Or would be blazoned], on a chief vert, three crosses pattée [or formée], argent."

Or...something like that....  :-\

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-12-23, 20:37:09 ---I quite like it! :D And I like the surcoat you came up with to go with it, too.

Now let's see if I can get this without looking up anything:

"Argent, over two chevrons vert, a rampant hart proper [not sure how the location of the crown Or would be blazoned], on a chief vert, three crosses pattée [or formée], argent."

Or...something like that....  :-\

--- End quote ---

Sounds legit, here are the meanings behind everything(incase you don't know:
•Hart: one who will not fight unless provoked; peace and harmony.
•Crown(on hart): Defender of a fortress, token of civic honour; one who first mounted the breach in the walls of a fortress
•Formée Cross: Military honour(I use this because I am german and reminds me of german iron cross)
•Chevron: Protection; Builders or others who have accomplished some work of faithful service
•Chief: Top one-third of the shield; signifies dominion and authority; often granted as a special reward for prudence and wisdom or successful command in war
•Green: Hope, joy, and loyalty in love
•White: Peace and sincerity

Aiden of Oreland:
This is an update on my heraldic design. I know I said that would be official for now, I should have stressed that it was still be edited. Any how, this is another look at one of my ideas. Ignore the poor quality of the surcoat.

Lord Dane:
I like it. Nice job.

Sir Wolf:
cool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version