Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (7/27) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-12-21, 04:48:41 ---For our purposes, there's no rule against having more than one set of arms for more than one "persona". :)

--- End quote ---

Allow me to stress this part. :D

I have personal arms, and Templar arms. You can add a third or fourth if you want, too. You could have arms for a 13th century impression, and arms for a 15th century impression. Or two alternate sets of heraldry for 14th century.

I'm working on acquiring a blackened set of armor. Since my arms are white on black, worn with regular silver steel armor, what I may do is make an inverted surcoat - black over white field - to wear with the black armor. Sort of an evil twin, alter-ego kind of thing.

You're only restricted on arms if you want to pick a "persona" for SCA. And nobody says that has to match in anything else you do (renn fest, etc). So you can have your "SCA" arms and your "Renn Fest" arms.

Diversity is the spice of medieval life! :D

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-12-21, 19:04:50 ---
--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-12-21, 04:48:41 ---For our purposes, there's no rule against having more than one set of arms for more than one "persona". :)

--- End quote ---

Allow me to stress this part. :D

I have personal arms, and Templar arms. You can add a third or fourth if you want, too. You could have arms for a 13th century impression, and arms for a 15th century impression. Or two alternate sets of heraldry for 14th century.

I'm working on acquiring a blackened set of armor. Since my arms are white on black, worn with regular silver steel armor, what I may do is make an inverted surcoat - black over white field - to wear with the black armor. Sort of an evil twin, alter-ego kind of thing.

You're only restricted on arms if you want to pick a "persona" for SCA. And nobody says that has to match in anything else you do (renn fest, etc). So you can have your "SCA" arms and your "Renn Fest" arms.

Diversity is the spice of medieval life! :D

--- End quote ---

Well then there you have it! This shall be my common heraldry I suppose. Like I said before, when I join my SCA family I'll quarter it lol. I think I'll play around with it a bit more, and show the results in about another month or 2.

Scratch that, here is what I shall use till I decide to change it. What do you think!! ;D did I say a month or two, I just came up with the idea. ok, that is all.

Lord Dane:
It looks good Aiden. It would fit the SCA heraldry requirements and rules (by design).

I was looking at your other selections too. I thought the 'black stag rampant with the crown Or (gold)' and brown antlers was distinctive. Also, it does not show 'as clear' with the chevron in the background. It has some nice detail and should be visible to the eyes. I would shrink the stag to the shield proportionally and bring it to the base of the shield under the chevron. This way you see the detail of both in full. Just my two cents.

Thorsteinn:
Now can you say it Heraldically?

Don't feel bad if you can't. I've only had mine 26 years and still can't get it all straight most days. (see sig below)  ;)

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-12-23, 13:40:36 ---It looks good Aiden. It would fit the SCA heraldry requirements and rules (by design).

I was looking at your other selections too. I thought the 'black stag rampant with the crown Or (gold)' and brown antlers was distinctive. Also, it does not show 'as clear' with the chevron in the background. It has some nice detail and should be visible to the eyes. I would shrink the stag to the shield proportionally and bring it to the base of the shield under the chevron. This way you see the detail of both in full. Just my two cents.

--- End quote ---

Yes I see what you mean, i would use the black hart if it wasn't the game if thrones one 😝 but all i did was take that hart and make it colored into the one you just saw. Again like I said, this is primarily what it will look like, in the future there will be variations. By summer or midsummers eve It will be official. I hope. But I will experiment with your suggestions Lord Dane.

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-12-23, 15:37:09 ---Now can you say it Heraldically?

Don't feel bad if you can't. I've only had mine 26 years and still can't get it all straight most days. (see sig below)  ;)

--- End quote ---

Wait, wait... I got this hmm... Here we go : "A rampant hart, lying in front of two pointed chevrons, under a chief baring three formee crosses" i just winged it. Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version