Main > The Great Hall

Hello

(1/5) > >>

Timothy:
Hello,

I am new to the forum and thought to introduce myself. I am Tim Gallagher of New Market, MD. I have an abiding interest in history and in genealogy. I have a fervent interest in Roman history which you can probably  tell from me email address. I have also have an interest the middle ages and the history of greater Britain. I have been researching my family history since high school (Class of '75). In doing so have discovered many interesting people, both living and dead, along the way.  I can't get over the fact  that the number of our ancestors from the middle ages would be staggering . Professionally I taught history and government in high and middle school. I have an interest in both heraldry and vexillology. This year I have had a number of banners made of the COA of some of my ancestors and a large blank wall that needed some kind of display.  So it was a perfect match. I recently found your Facebook page and then the website. Both are very nice. I was pleased to see that the standards our ancestors established long ago still resonates with people of the 21st century. I congratulate all of you on your ongoing efforts to incorporate them into your daily lives.

Ian:
Welcome to the forum Tim!

Sir Douglas:
Well met and welcome!

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your CoA wall, would you? That sounds like quite a sight. :)

Lord Dane:
Welcome to the forum.

Timothy:
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Sorry I did not mean to mislead but the banners are as yet unhung. As soon as they are I will post a picture. I am having one of them made more or less per month. Three are in hand. They all cost a different amount do to the complexity's of the arms and I of course ordered the lest expensive ones first. So each month the banners will cost more.

The Gallagher banner will be $431.30 with the rest costing considerably less. I am having about 8-10 made. Most are either supporters of King John, or are Surety Barons.

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version