Main > The Great Hall

Hail, good knights

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-06-15, 17:07:50 ---You know Slater. He's that stuck up, egotistical jock-type from Saved by the Bell. LOL  ::)
--- End quote ---

err wasn't that 'Saved by the Bell' ?

More ranch dressing!

Sir Wolf:
ah ok, must have been a group of guys for darkon. i know a few guys that started around at the begining

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-06-15, 17:16:21 ---
IMO such clubs are just as valid as any other martial art club or group as all have three universal attributes that one must learn to be successful in any martial art which is Balance, Tempo and Measure.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Miyagi agrees with balance.
Most band leaders agree with tempo.
However, there seems to be some confusion about measure. After all ... with regard to measure ..."Some men are longer than others". :)
[/quote]

lmao  ;D that's awesome, I need to remember that next time I get into a techniques discussion with some of my ren buddies that can't seem to understand how I can skewer them "without lunging."  I keep telling them about the circle, it doesn't add up.  Maybe this will work!

And Sir Brian,

very well said good Sir.  I have friends that have taken lightsaber combat to an extreme level and argue it's the one place where a rapier can fight a katana all while trying to avoid a bo. 

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: MacDimm on 2013-06-15, 03:23:00 ---My name is Nik, aka Fearghas MacDimm, Brother Sergeant of the Order of the Hospital of St. John. I've been involved in a historical/fantasy combat group called Dagorhir for about 7 years, and have decided in the last year that MacDimm should take up a holy crusade to repent for his former wickedness. I am currently a page of the Silver Order within Dagorhir, and am on my path toward knighthood. As I have researched arms, armour, and orders of the time, I have spent a lot of time returning to your forum with all of it's helpful members. It seems only right that I should join this forum to not only learn, but also to give back and share my knowledge. In addition to my involvement as a warrior, I also run a custom leather goods/armour shop called White Bear Armoury, and have a lot of experience as a leather worker that I would be happy to share. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

--- End quote ---

so where are you at again? i take it east coast. a lot of times the mid-eastern guys hang out at the Maryland renaissance festival.  i have always "been around" Dagorhir, but never gone to an event or meeting.  I used to frequent the old forums in college and started to again recently to help folks "better" their interpretations of armour and garb :)

Sir James A:
Hail and welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version