Main > The Great Hall

Hail, good knights

(1/7) > >>

MacDimm:
My name is Nik, aka Fearghas MacDimm, Brother Sergeant of the Order of the Hospital of St. John. I've been involved in a historical/fantasy combat group called Dagorhir for about 7 years, and have decided in the last year that MacDimm should take up a holy crusade to repent for his former wickedness. I am currently a page of the Silver Order within Dagorhir, and am on my path toward knighthood. As I have researched arms, armour, and orders of the time, I have spent a lot of time returning to your forum with all of it's helpful members. It seems only right that I should join this forum to not only learn, but also to give back and share my knowledge. In addition to my involvement as a warrior, I also run a custom leather goods/armour shop called White Bear Armoury, and have a lot of experience as a leather worker that I would be happy to share. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Sir Wolf:
huzzah and welcome (good to see you again :)

Thorsteinn:
Welcome! :)

Please remind an old weary stickjock who gets hit in the head too much what Dagorhir is again? IIRC we don't have a branch group in the Reno area.

-Thorsteinn Raudskeggr

MacDimm:
Dagorhir is mainly an east coast/midwest thing, though there are a few groups out further west. A close equivalent would be Belegarth, do you guys have that? The RP aspect, which plays an extremely minor role, is in a LOTR/Medieval Europe setting. Basically it's full contact, full force fighting with weapons typically built of closed-cell foam on a fiberglass core. No headshots with handheld melee weapons (only rocks, arrows and javelins), no punches/kicks and no joint holds, pretty much everything else is legal. Armor is not required, but grants an extra point against one-handed weapons and complete protection against airborn weapons to the head. No magic.

Thorsteinn:
I think all we have is Amtguard at the moment for boffer stuff, and the local crew is nice but isn't so skilled combat wise last time I fought them (20 wins, 0 losses and I'm a mid-level SCA West Kingdom fighter).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version