Main > The Great Hall

Well met, fellow do gooders.

<< < (5/7) > >>

B. Patricius:
LOL  ;D to the above.

Seriously I wish something could be done too, a more "Wild West" or "Medieval Law" would be nice.  Restraining Orders are just a piece of paper that pisses the perp off in my case, so we haven't.  Same with anything else.  We're just hoping our "issue" just goes away.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-06-05, 17:56:56 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-06-05, 14:53:55 ---Ha.  Knowing Dane, I wouldn't be so sure.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ian is correct in my reference & as far knowing me Sir William ... I could be a woman for all you know. LOL :P

--- End quote ---

I might be slightly surprised, but not completely.  ;)

Sir Knight:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-06-05, 20:54:51 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-06-05, 17:56:56 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-06-05, 14:53:55 ---Ha.  Knowing Dane, I wouldn't be so sure.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ian is correct in my reference & as far knowing me Sir William ... I could be a woman for all you know. LOL :P

--- End quote ---

I might be slightly surprised, but not completely.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I hope he is a woman, we need more of those in this forum, barren of the fairer sex. At the very least, a sex change would be better than nothing. If I'm allowed to make a slightly racy joke, most knockers we see on TV these days are not real anyway.  ;D

Edit that out moderators, I don't want to get banned without making more than 10 posts.   :-X

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-06-05, 14:13:17 ---I'm fairly confident he meant the proverbial 'men' and didn't intend to exclude women.

--- End quote ---

I used to say 'man' as in the human race, but people thought I was sexist. Unless I was talking about the human race in bad light, in which case they didn't mind.  ;D

This conversation reminds me of how every second 'story' in the 'news' is about someone being sexist/racist. It seems to me there are more people spending time feeling offended than there are people actually being offensive.

I mean to ruffle no feathers with that, but I'm sure you can all agree with me outside this forum is a mad world, that's why we're here, that and the history. 8)

Sir Knight:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-06-04, 22:40:19 ---Sir Knight,

if you're willing to learn, I have excellent resources to help you rivet your own mail.  It's also a much cheaper alternative.  It's not too bad, just tedious, but once you get going it can become quite fun.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Patricius!

I used silver as I mentioned earlier, but steel would make me feel like it was 'done'. It wasn't riveting as it should be, but it worked. It was simply a matter of getting silver wire the right diameter, cutting it the appropiate length for each rivet and, due to the softness of the metal, using a pair of pliers.

I'd love to know how to do it properly with steel. Is it possible to used galvanized steel or does it involve heat?

Lord Dane:
Nothing PC about my everyday speech. I just tend to tame it at times when appropriate. Tact is needed. However, I love to ruffle feathers & offend whenever feasible (especially those so easily offended). LOL  ;D Makes it more fun!! :) In medieval times, my mouth would have resulted in lots of brawls. Picture a hockey game being hosted at the local tavern with an open bar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version