Main > The Great Hall

Well met, fellow do gooders.

(1/7) > >>

Sir Knight:
Forsooth, I be new unto this realm that I have walked upon and offer you all my heartiest greetings. Nay, I should wager there be not three, not two nor even one knave, fool or slubberdegullion standing among these brave and courageous men and women.

I'm 18 and I am greave deep in tomes. I have a kit of my own, which my mummy sewed for me. But I did the gluing, painting, sanding, cutting and maille modifications. As long as you ignore the first bit, I sound pro.  8) My dream is to learn how to joust like a real knight.

When I subscribed to this forum it said unto me 'Halt, stand and declare thineself, lest you be put in the junk folder!'. It took me 20 times or something to get the impossible to read verification thing right.

But I am here! Hello. I am keen to share and recieve much knowledge and will go forth to ask one right now.

Ian:
Welcome to the Modern Chivalry forums!  Well met, and enjoy your stay!

Sir Edward:

Hail, and well met! Welcome to the forum!

B. Patricius:
Hail and well met Sir Knight!  I'll let Sir Wolf do the obligatories when he reads all this about your kit  ;D  and lo!  I am no longer the lowest in seniority as the penitent noob! 

It's a great group here, with tons of resources and knowledge for you to enjoy.  Also, you being only 18 and joining the group gives me hope that there is a bright future ahead with today's youth ;)  Also we do enjoy a good joking every now and again.

Sir Knight:
Here's my damn sexy kit, notice the absence of a shield. Usually I cheat and wield a bossed kite shield, but, if I took off the boss and sanded the top a bit I might get away with it. I'm a mid to late 12thc. knight with Templar accessories. The 'bile green' makes it look like I'm an extra in a 1950s historical drama, I like it.

Galvanized steel is very shiny unfortunately, but now I don't have to worry about it rusting. It's 16 gauge, 9mm and flat ringed with domed rivets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version