Main > The Great Hall

Brother Patricius reporting in

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ian:
Another Coastie eh?  Heh.. at least Sir Brian was in the real military before becoming a puddle pirate... :)  I kid I kid... I've had the privilege of working with your LEDETs doing counter-narco down South, and we received a big portion of our AUF (Airborne Use of Force) training from your HITRON bubbas in Mayport.  One of your LEDET marksman blew up the back window of my aircraft with the concussive blast from firing the barrett in my cabin!  Good times to be had by all.  Welcome to the forum!

Yours,
Ian
(H-60 pilot, USN)

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Welcome Brother Patricius, and good speed to you.
G.

Sir James A:
Hail and welcome! Thank you for serving, and remember, just because you aren't on the front line doesn't mean you aren't serving. There is a LOT that goes into supporting those on the front line who couldn't do it without the others.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-04-17, 18:15:29 ---Hail and well met Patricius!  :)

Welcome to the forum. I am an ex-Coastie myself, albeit it was after already doing a hitch in the Army in which I was a medic. In the CG I was an ET, what was your rate?

--- End quote ---

My "rate" was QM before becoming a Boats... however I rarely, ever was my rate's job.

Lord Tristan, Corvus, Lord Dane, Sir Gerard de Rodes thank you for the warm welcome

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-04-17, 19:30:17 ---Another Coastie eh?  Heh.. at least Sir Brian was in the real military before becoming a puddle pirate... :)  I kid I kid... I've had the privilege of working with your LEDETs doing counter-narco down South, and we received a big portion of our AUF (Airborne Use of Force) training from your HITRON bubbas in Mayport.  One of your LEDET marksman blew up the back window of my aircraft with the concussive blast from firing the barrett in my cabin!  Good times to be had by all.  Welcome to the forum!

Yours,
Ian
(H-60 pilot, USN)

--- End quote ---

Ian...

I've read posts here already and saw what you were... couldn't expect any less from a squid roto-jock!  And yes, those times you describe are definitely priceless.  Almost every day, I seem to remember even the most mundane of things, the chief's mess (more times in there when I was in trouble than not), hanging out on the messdeck, or yelling at a probie for not "hooking" the dolphin or mako beforehand (Ian it would be great if you could describe that better in detail, I just knew it was required!) or yes, even once when a deckie got blown off the deck by rotowash and a good wind.  Luckily that was on base, and he was on a dock, not underway so it just got jeers from the rest of us.  And yes, the DOG boys, the very best of professionals.  They deserve far more credit than what is given to them.  But then again, if they were publicized, they'd never be able to do their jobs.

James Anderson III, lets just say there's PLENTY that goes on, on different frontlines than those recanted on the news, and we can just leave it at that.  I appreciate what you meant, regardless, especially if I did happen to read into that wrong (which wouldn't have been the first time on a forum).

Sir Wolf:
huzzah and welcome. my nephew is a coastie reserve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version