Main > The Library

SOLOMON KANE

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-21, 16:14:56 ---If you're coming at this from never having even heard of the books, will the movie still suck?

--- End quote ---

I think that's a very useful question. I haven't read the book either, so the whatever the movie brings to the table is all that will matter for me. :)

Sir Wolf:
its ok then for a movie. i guess lol. the ending was way to quick for me though

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-07-21, 15:54:12 ---Wow, it's a shame when they deviate heavily from the books. A certain amount is often necessary to make for a good film, but then they change details without need, or change the story entirely... then I have to ask, what was the point?

--- End quote ---

Wider target audience /marketability, I'd guess

Sir William:
I never read the books, but the movie drew me in and kept me.  Helps that I'm a Purefoy fan and I'll watch pretty much anything he's in medieval-style; haven't watched The Following, wasn't interested despite the fact that he plays a very charismatic serial killer.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-22, 15:49:10 ---I never read the books, but the movie drew me in and kept me.  Helps that I'm a Purefoy fan and I'll watch pretty much anything he's in medieval-style; haven't watched The Following, wasn't interested despite the fact that he plays a very charismatic serial killer.

--- End quote ---

Saw Solomon Kane last night. I'd say 4 out of 5. Some cliche bits as expected, some parts nicely done. It almost felt like it should have gone in reverse. I thought the opening was great, and the ending a bit more lacking. Haven't read the books or heard of him before this thread, so nothing stood out as "wrong" to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version