Main > The Armoury

Soft Kit for DoK

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-09-16, 12:37:00 ---put the chausis on inside out, mark where they are too large with a piece of chalk, pin the new line and sew it. turn them right side out and try them. then turn them wrong side out again and cut off the excess. make sure you dont make them too tight in the ankles and knees.

ya just use hidden safety pins. only u will know. or mark where you want it to sit and put a few cheater stitches with the same color thread as the mantle. and sew it in place

--- End quote ---

Awesome idea for the chausses Sir Wolf, thank you!

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-09-16, 08:33:52 ---Nice, maybe I should pick up a tunic by them. What one did you pick out? Cause I dont want one thats too long as I am not exactly tall.

--- End quote ---

It's the Bocksten tunic in wool, the 'one size' option. I'm about 5'10" and thin, and it fits fairly well, much better than my revival linen.

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-09-16, 05:36:42 ---Safety pins to the shirt from underneath so not noticed should do it. Nice look, Ian. Very sharp & historical. I don't know why people like the rondel daggers. Guess it's just preference. 

--- End quote ---

Thanks, as far as the rondel, it's one of the most documented daggers appropriate for my little niche in the timeline, I probably could have done a ballock dagger as well, but rondels look nice and mean to me :)

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Very Dapper gentlemen.
Don`t forget your head wear, it wasn`t the done thing for men of rank to be seen outdoors without head covering  ;) A nice Chaperon would go great.
http://www.kats-hats.co.uk/chaperon.shtml
G.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2012-09-16, 13:26:11 ---Very Dapper gentlemen.
Don`t forget your head wear, it wasn`t the done thing for men of rank to be seen outdoors without head covering  ;) A nice Chaperon would go great.
http://www.kats-hats.co.uk/chaperon.shtml
G.

--- End quote ---

Excellent Sir Gerard, thank you!

Are simple linen coifs not appropriate for men of station?  What about underneath something fancier like a wool brimmed hat?

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Yes I`m sure that would do just fine  ;)
G

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2012-09-16, 13:40:12 ---Yes I`m sure that would do just fine  ;)
G

--- End quote ---

Great!  I ask, only because I have the stuff I described on hand! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version