Main > The Armoury

Soft Kit for DoK

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-09-16, 12:37:00 ---put the chausis on inside out, mark where they are too large with a piece of chalk, pin the new line and sew it. turn them right side out and try them. then turn them wrong side out again and cut off the excess. make sure you dont make them too tight in the ankles and knees.

ya just use hidden safety pins. only u will know. or mark where you want it to sit and put a few cheater stitches with the same color thread as the mantle. and sew it in place

--- End quote ---

Sir Wolf, I did the procedure you suggested for the chausses (well, for the sake of total transparency, my wife did it :) ) and it worked like a charm.  Took about 5 total minutes, and they fit much better now.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Sir Wolf:
awesome. thats how i do it. use the generic patterns and then tailor it to fit. glad to be of service!

oh ya don't forget your hats! you must must wear a hat in medieval attire. it's forbidden heheh not to

Sir Ulrich:
I ordered the anglo saxon tunic with a hood, should fit in for my 13th century impression. I dont think i'm tall enough for the gown type tunic so I got the anglo saxon one instead, in copper and black and I got the hood in copper. Should work for me for this soft kit.

Sir James A:
That looks great to me!

Sir Ulrich:

My stuff arrived, not sure if it fits well enough color wise but I went with copper because it matched the hood I got. Wool is itchy though, prefer linen but wearing the linen undershirt sorta solves the itchy problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version