Main > The Armoury

Soft Kit for DoK

<< < (6/6)

Sir Ulrich:
Well I usually go with black cause it looks better on me than other colors. I used to go with green and brown but the hippie label kept annoying me so I stopped with that. Plus I'm goth and prefer black stuff, doesnt seem out of place for a military order like the Hospitallers and Teutonic knights to wear black as they prolly could afford it. My new custom gambeson is going to be black with a red trim around the edges to suit my noble persona, though I coulda just went with red as red seems like a nobles color. Black seems to pick up dirt less than other colors so it just looks better to me.

Sir James A:
The best color to not show dirt marks is brown. :)

Black was the hospitaller primary color, teutonic cross color, and templar sergeants were in black, too. It wouldn't be common unless you're one of them (or rich), but it didn't not exist either. As Sir Edward said, ignore the Hollywood bias on colors - look at the period paintings for ideas and inspiration.

Jessica, awesome picture!

Sir Edward:

Thanks for that picture, Jess!

As others have pointed out, Black was much more expensive. There were cheaper versions of it that would fade quickly, or weren't what we'd call a modern black (more of an extremely dark brown), but still more expensive than other colors since they'd fade quite a bit. I guess I'm repeating what Jess said now. :)

Sir Brian:
Thanks for the reference picture Jessica!  :)

I must say everyone's soft kits are looking excellent and I am grieved at the reminder I will not be able to attend this most prestigious and hopefully not singular event!  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version