Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (2/16) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
They have them here but I am unsure if they got them in stock for now, last time I ordered from him it took almost a year to get them. http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/steel-chainmail-chausses-regular-ff808181179c9ac201179d91716b368f-p.html
 This is the only place I can find riveted ones besides by the sword, and they cost a bit too much for my price range and I doubt they'll fit me. Butted is a bit heavy thats the reason I dont go after it. Also not sure if it would rust due to being close to the ground so I sorta want ones without feet cause putting them on and lacing them properly is a big pain. Think I may just go for full blown padded chausses or do what Sir Nathan did and have cheater chausses made from a bit of riveted maille with the thighs hidden under the GDFB upper leg padded chausses. I cant really go for galvanized maille  because it will look terrible with my dark grey/black armor and oil blackening it like I did my coif would be impossible due to the zinc fumes. They DID sell blackened ones on amazon but they're now out of stock. Looks like I'm out of luck then and I might just buy the icefalcon ones but my current budget is only 500 bucks max.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-07-27, 01:14:21 ---They have them here but I am unsure if they got them in stock for now, last time I ordered from him it took almost a year to get them. http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/steel-chainmail-chausses-regular-ff808181179c9ac201179d91716b368f-p.html
 This is the only place I can find riveted ones besides by the sword, and they cost a bit too much for my price range and I doubt they'll fit me. Butted is a bit heavy thats the reason I dont go after it. Also not sure if it would rust due to being close to the ground so I sorta want ones without feet cause putting them on and lacing them properly is a big pain. Think I may just go for full blown padded chausses or do what Sir Nathan did and have cheater chausses made from a bit of riveted maille with the thighs hidden under the GDFB upper leg padded chausses. I cant really go for galvanized maille  because it will look terrible with my dark grey/black armor and oil blackening it like I did my coif would be impossible due to the zinc fumes. They DID sell blackened ones on amazon but they're now out of stock. Looks like I'm out of luck then and I might just buy the icefalcon ones but my current budget is only 500 bucks max.

--- End quote ---

IceFalcon Armory is expensive but quality stuff. You sure you want to spend that much money for chain-link pants??????

Ian:
Andre, the proprietor of Icefalcon is currently at Pennsic so he's out of the office for a bit, but normally he returns emails very quickly regarding whether or not he has things in stock, you just have to ask him. I just asked him about stainless wedge riveted aventails last week and he got back to me in a day about what he did have, didn't have and when he expected it.  You just have to ask him.

Sir Ulrich:
I'm gonna email him about it when he returns from Pennsic

In all honesty I don't want to spend much but I really want my first living history event to go as a knight Templar. I am tired of the whole "foot soldier" deal I been doing for years and think it's about time I go as a crusader knight for once. Maybe I should tone down my kit and go as a knight from the first crusade? But then I wont be able to use my new helm in that fashion which is period for about 1210. I just really need a list of things to get for this and I have like 2 months to prepare for this and I am really looking forward to it and I really want to be satisfied with my kit for this. This isnt just a casual ren faire outfit like I normally do this is living history event. Just need a list of things I'd need for it. Not sure of the kit requirements to be considered a knight and not just a common foot soldier. If someone could find me a set of cheaper chausses that are BLACKENED as well I would like that. Only reason is I want it to match my coif and hauberk and not have that blue galvanized finish that I sorta dislike on butted maille.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-07-27, 04:00:02 ---…
Not sure of the kit requirements to be considered a knight and not just a common foot soldier.

--- End quote ---

Gilded spurs should be considered the primary requirement to make the distinction between these two.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version