Main > The Armoury

Spending time with my little squires

(1/3) > >>

Sir Patrick:
I was doing my quarterly inspection of my kit and found a little surface rust on my coif.  A had read recently that squires used to place a knight's maille in a leather bag and then toss it around to clean it (while also building upper body strength).  This is where medicine balls originated.  Anyway, I threw the coif in a bag and me and my nine year-old twins started tossing it around.  They had a blast playing the "knight game", and my coif shines like the top of the Crysler Building now!

Sir Wolf:
hahaha. when i travel with my mail i put it in a burlap sack. its course so it helps with any rusted areas :)

that game does sound fun though my squire is a tad small at 4 to throw the ole hauberk around ;)

Sir Ulrich:
I store my maille in an airtight plastic bin, and for my coif I just leave that lying around hoping the oil on it will dry off eventually, maybe I should bake it again till it's burnt on.

Lord Dane:
Mine just sits out on an open hanger or on my display stand at home. Keeps it off the floor, keeping my wife happy. :)

Sir William:
My maille's galvanized so I've not encountered any rust of any kind, despite having been out in the rain for extended periods of time on more than one occasion.  Made me think it was stainless but a prospective buyer tells me otherwise and returned it back to me.  Still, good to know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version