Main > The Armoury

First plate armor piece?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Yep, the side factors can definitely influence things. For someone like Illusion, who typically has a 9-12 month wait time before they start your order, each order could have that long of a wait time between production - if you can get in with the ~1 year production wait time, then have the whole harness fabricated in about a month (I was quoted 4 weeks to make an entire harness back in '08). The majority of the wait will be in just sitting on the waiting list. It is certainly a stretch to drop for a whole harness at once, but since we're talking Illusion specifically, they do "layaway" plans last I spoke with them - 20% down to get on the list, 50% paid before work starts, and 100% paid before shipping (of course). So if it's something possible, it can drastically reduce that waiting time.
--- End quote ---

Quite true Sir James and I thank you for your feedback on this.  I sent an email to Jeff Wasson to see if he would be interested in creating a spring steel version of my Kit.  Illusion's layaway plan is fine in my book because I would wait and keep myself occupied with other priorities while they are making it and finishing the touches.  But it doesn't mean I won't keep tabs on the progress.   ;)

--- Quote ---But as Ian said, foundation garments first, and they'll make *all* the difference.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, for me, I need to start with my Soft Kit (Late 16th Century - Elizabethan Era) first, afterwards I then can start with the arming doublet (with mail sleeves or voiders) and arming Hose.  Lastly would be the Hard Kit itself.  So it will be a while before you all see pictures of me looking like I came out of a scene from "Anonymous" then looking like being prepped for armor then looking like I came from a Late 16th Century Portrait.  But i will inform you Brethren on the progress.   ;) 

Sir William:
For Sir Wolf; these are the arm and leg harnesses made for me by Mad Matt, which I'm getting rid of as I'm not going that far forward.
The Arms; Chartres style, with the full wrap rerebrace upgrade.

The shaped vambrace upgrade.

The Spaulders, type A, which have been integrated into the full arm harness.

Shell articulated legs, with the thigh wrap plate upgrade.

Shaped greaves upgrade.

They're real pretty, and they're sturdy without feeling overly heavy.  I got these at a time when Matt wasn't really doing armor...forgot why, but I managed to talk him into it- had to spend a pretty penny to do it, but for the value it was more than worth it.  These aren't to be confused with his economy lineup- which I understand are equally as worthy, if not as attractive.  :)

Sir Wolf:
vury nice!

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-06-12, 16:26:58 ---For Sir Wolf; these are the arm and leg harnesses made for me by Mad Matt, which I'm getting rid of as I'm not going that far forward.
The Arms; Chartres style, with the full wrap rerebrace upgrade.

The shaped vambrace upgrade.

The Spaulders, type A, which have been integrated into the full arm harness.

Shell articulated legs, with the thigh wrap plate upgrade.

Shaped greaves upgrade.

They're real pretty, and they're sturdy without feeling overly heavy.  I got these at a time when Matt wasn't really doing armor...forgot why, but I managed to talk him into it- had to spend a pretty penny to do it, but for the value it was more than worth it.  These aren't to be confused with his economy lineup- which I understand are equally as worthy, if not as attractive.  :)

--- End quote ---

Those are VERY nice if we were same size i would want them from you :D

Sir William:
I know that's right!  I think you're a bit taller than me - and take it from us all here, when it comes to plate armor, you want custom, unless you happen to be blessed with the same measurements as OTR pieces.  Sometimes I wonder who was the model for some of that stuff.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version