Main > The Armoury

My Armory

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sir James A:
The emerald green snake / dragon one definitely looks oriental. The fittings, slight blade curvature, looks very oriental. It's definitely a fantasy piece, the gold and green is a great color combo - and someone we all know is partial to that color scheme. :)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---The emerald green snake / dragon one definitely looks oriental. The fittings, slight blade curvature, looks very oriental. It's definitely a fantasy piece, the gold and green is a great color combo - and someone we all know is partial to that color scheme.
--- End quote ---

Correct and I noticed you have a Tizona sword  ;D which is excellent, I have my own version of that famous sword of the Cid.  ;)

Sir William:
Sir James, I can tell you- 'Oriental' is not a PC term.  ;)  The correct terminology is 'Asian'- and I was told this by a young Asian woman. lol

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-05-22, 14:58:26 ---Sir James, I can tell you- 'Oriental' is not a PC term.  ;)  The correct terminology is 'Asian'- and I was told this by a young Asian woman. lol

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of one of the rants from Harlan Ellison. He got an angry letter from one of his readers complaining about his use of the word "midget", and preferring to be called "little people". Harlan's response was something along the lines of "I'm 5'3; I'm a little person. You're a midget!"  :)  A bit uncouth, but I can understand the rebellion against the whole "politically correct" thing.

Sir William:
Sir John, that first Excalibur you have- is it from the movie Last Legion?  I thought that was a good movie, my brother introduced me to it...as far as legends of Arthur go, it wasn't a bad take on what could've been.  A bit of a stretch, but still a good yarn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version