Main > The Courtyard

Quarterstaff and the Armoured Man.

<< < (5/5)

Lord Dane:
Reminds me of an old proverb..."When fighting an armoured knight, bring a can opener." Speaking from personal perspective, I've spent much of my life training & teaching Japanese martial arts (i.e. Aikido) so a bo-staff is second nature to me as a broadsword has become. Full-armour keeps you protected but it is not infallible like the wearer. A person who does not know how to use his/her mind, mouth, & body in sync with their knowledge, training/skill, and its application through technique will find themselves outmatched no matter what they wear. Focus your strengths using calculated counters in aggressive, concentrated efforts on your opponent's weaknesses.  Remember (from English Lowbowmen @ the Battle of Agincourt experience): A knight not left standing is a knight not left living.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote ---Remember (from English Lowbowmen @ the Battle of Hastings' experience): A knight not left standing is a knight not left living.
--- End quote ---

You mean Crecy or Agincourt right? Where the armour worked great but the French decided to be very... French. ;D

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2012-06-14, 04:15:56 ---
--- Quote ---Remember (from English Lowbowmen @ the Battle of Hastings' experience): A knight not left standing is a knight not left living.
--- End quote ---

You mean Crecy or Agincourt right? Where the armour worked great but the French decided to be very... French. ;D

--- End quote ---

Oops. Yes correct. Meant Battle of Crecy (100 Years War) :) Apologies. Armoured horse just sloshing thru wet-mucky fields (not being able to charge) & just perfect for English longbow arrows to pierce their french hides. HAHAHA!! Dumb frenchies. :) Arrogance lost to strategy.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---    You mean Crecy or Agincourt right? Where the armour worked great but the French decided to be very... French. ;D

Oops. Yes correct. Meant Battle of Crecy (100 Years War) :) Apologies. Armoured horse just sloshing thru wet-mucky fields (not being able to charge) & just perfect for English longbow arrows to pierce their french hides. HAHAHA!! Dumb frenchies. :) Arrogance lost to strategy.
--- End quote ---

I think you meant Agincourt, that is where the muddy field happened.  Crecy was a battle in which the Welsh Longbowmen took down the French Cavalry under the Command of the Black Prince.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version