Main > The Armoury

just a thought

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

I think a lot of the DoK guys are going for 13th century roughly, since it's relatively easy to do, and you still have all three of the main crusading orders to work with.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-04-09, 02:55:27 ---I'm quite heavily invested in the 2nd half of the 14th century myself....  and still not quite finished with my kit (waiting to hear back from HE on a proper bascinet). So unless that year is say 1356-1400 I'd have a hard time financially justifying it, at least for the next couple of years...
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Matthew on 2012-04-09, 03:34:22 ---I'm hoping to start work on the much talked about Teutonic Kit I've been planning next winter. I'm shooting for mid-14th century, say 1340-1360s.
--- End quote ---

Of course this is my preference! ;)
Seriously though I know Sir Edward has a mid 14th which really seems the most viable and versatile considering the diversity of kits we all currently possess.   :-\

Sir Edward:

Yeah, my mid-14th is my least complete so far. I still have tailoring to do on the mail, get a nicer jupon/surcoat made, etc. I still haven't decided on a helm, greaves, gauntlets, etc.

VaughnStrever:
I truly think that this would take years upon years and a lot of money to truly make happen. However, we could very well use everyone's kits as a cumulative effort. When you think of the first question posed, the question begs being answered... "why?"

Since everyone has already invested what they could into their kits so far. We could discuss how and for what reason we would create a purpose. Such as a program to put on for a school, battle ethics of Knights. and i am not talking about the modern ideal that chivalry means being a gentlemen, rather the reality of chivalry in the past, chivalry being that of prowess and honor. That knights would wage a war against his neighbor and equally wage a war against an invading army.

Just have to open the door and find out ultimately "why?"

Sir Wolf:
just cause ;) plus it may give me a new kit to work on hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version