Main > The Courtyard

Longsword practice, Order of the Marshal

<< < (4/9) > >>

merc3065:
you guys are horrible :)

Overall learning the Italian style is relatively easy, though I'm still learning how to string combinations together to think 2-3 steps ahead based on what an opponent may or may not do.  That's the hard part for me as I tend to perform one or two maneuvers and then stop to think what's next?

There are quite a few interpretations of the various guards too on how they are played out.

Thorsteinn:
What do you call an Italian with no hands?
Mute. ;D

Sir Wolf:
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-04-03, 13:32:18 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-03, 13:28:59 ---
If you notice, I stepped back slightly and then came back in with the attack. Nothing more than just distance control there. :)

--- End quote ---

Yes that is the crucial phase of the 'Gopher Gambit' when you was suppose to step into a gopher hole!  ;)

--- End quote ---

I can dig some extra holes and place some artificial grass over them to blend them in. Hmm... and perhaps randomly buried magnets. And some reflective mirrors so it's impossible to keep your eyes out of the sun? :D

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: merc3065 on 2012-04-13, 22:49:38 ---you guys are horrible :)

Overall learning the Italian style is relatively easy, though I'm still learning how to string combinations together to think 2-3 steps ahead based on what an opponent may or may not do.  That's the hard part for me as I tend to perform one or two maneuvers and then stop to think what's next?

There are quite a few interpretations of the various guards too on how they are played out.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, me too.  I've started falling into a few patterns, because they work. But I need to work on keeping it more dynamic without pausing to think too hard.

What throws me for a loop the worst is when I try to do something complicated, and it works... then I stop and think "now what???"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version