Main > The Armoury

Christmas In February

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Brian:
I think with the floating cops and vambraces you have to find that happy median. I wear my splinted vambraces well off the wrists so the longest part of the vambraces is almost to my elbow and then put the cop over it. This method works well for me and a retain sufficient mobility with my arms to manage all the guard positions.  :-\

Sir Patrick:
True. If I wear them high, the longest part overlaps the elbow cop. This doesn't restrict mobility, I just wasn't sure if it was "right". It's one thing to see pics of guys wearing these, it's another to put them on yourself. From that standpoint  I'm still a noob.

Sir Brian:
The attached pictures are from my knight page and of an earlier version of my armor but they show how I wear mine. One of the reasons why I prefer my gambeson's to have longer sleeves is so I can roll them over the vambrace and help keep the cop pushing the vambrace down onto my wrist to much. The cuff is typically covered with my gauntlets.  ;)

Sir Patrick:
Thanks, Sir Brian. Those pics help a bunch

Sir Patrick:
OK, so based on Sir Brian's pics and everyone's advice, I changed up where everything sat, and the issues are resolved!  Here's a few pics showing the set up over a mundane jacket.  The vambrace kind of dropped a little during the photography, but the point slightly overlaps the cop.  No effect on mobility though.  One last question:  Buckles or hinges on top?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version