Main > The Armoury

Christmas In February

<< < (5/7) > >>

Sir Wolf:
cool, glad it worked out for you.  now you can wear the 3/4 length sleeved hauberk like the period pictures where the vambrace is under the mail but the elbow is on top of it.

SirNathanQ:
Ahh, that Iconic early 14th century look. It's nice look, go for it.  :)   You don't see too many folks doing that look nowadays.

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote --- now you can wear the 3/4 length sleeved hauberk like the period pictures where the vambrace is under the mail but the elbow is on top of it.

--- End quote ---

Nailed it, this is something that is not at all uncommon in artwork of the period but that I don't see that many folks do all that much. Very period in terms of look. Ed i'll get you the math on shields, I got lost in 1) the shop all day, 2) gin and tonic and Carlitos Way all night.

Sir Brian:
Very cool! One last addition I neglected to mention earlier is making yourself some extra elbow padding in the form of a round small pillow. I made mine out of cotton batting and some extra really thin leather. It makes wearing the cops a lot more comfortable and fit a little better as the straps on your cops will stretch out in time.  ;)

Sir Patrick:
Early 14th century is what I'm going for, so thanks for the advice on how to wear the mailer. Sir Brian, good advice on the padding. I'll add it to my list of projects. Allan, my respect for your skills increases every time I put the pieces on. Thanks again for all of your work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version