Main > The Armoury

Christmas In February

<< < (3/7) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Nice gear. When'd you commission this? I plan on getting some copps and polyens for the Templar kit, and if Allan is still taking small projects, I'd love to get them from him.

Sir Patrick:
I had originally asked for those besuagues Allan put up on AA the other day. They had already been snapped up, but he graciously offered to make a pair for me. Things just snowballed from there. I seriously consider myself fortunate that Allan was able to take this on at this point in time.

Sir Wolf:
i always where mine above the wrist bone. other wise its a nightmare of pain unless they have enough room. can u squeeze the the upper part of the forearm of the bracer so it doesnt interfere as much? or is it a length problem?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2012-02-25, 02:58:33 ---I have a question about the proper positioning of the bracers. Does the wrist bones go under the bracers or not?  If I wear them high they kind of interfere with the elbow cop, but if a wear them low, they interfere with hand movement. Also, the buckles should be in line the thumb, right?

--- End quote ---

I've never done single-plate cop and vambraces, with the exception of my leather stuff, and that's flexible to an extent of course. With articulating arms that are  properly built (like Allan does), the compression of the lames at the elbow lets you wear the vambrace over your wrists, and it will slide back a bit to allow full range of motion of your hand as if you were wearing it behind your wrists. Can you get a picture of the interference? I think the standard answer is "it depends". :)

Sir Patrick:
I'll shoot some pics after work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version