Main > The Courtyard

Back of Head protection

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Why are you worried about the back of your head?  You wouldn't run.

Sir Brian:
Most assuredly not Sir William! ;)
However it is a very potential danger especially when the attacker executes a zwerchau and then follows it up with another zwerchau to the opposite side of the head which can land on the backside of the skull. There is also the danger of your opponent throwing a blind cut behind and over their own heads if you have enveloped them…which had happened to me a few weeks ago and we had to warn the guy to be more careful as his cut landed on the back of my neck!  :-\

Sir Wolf:
ya u gotta be careful, sir brian may put his hand back behind his head hehehe

Sir James A:
That looks like a great option, especially since you already have the fencing mask and it doesn't require buying a whole extra helmet. Hardened leather should be sufficient; if someone has such a flailing blow at the back of your head as to cause injury through a beefy hardened leather shell, something has gone horribly wrong. And $50 doesn't seem high, the leather looks fairly thick. It's probably $25 in materials alone, between the leather and beeswax.

Das Bill:
I wear one of these over my mask:
https://www.allstar.de/index.php?cPath=55&products_id=416248&option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_info&Itemid=3&osCsid=821f1d395ca7b55feef657ac335ba4a

It's very good, but it's also quite expensive to get in the US. (about $100)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version