Main > The Armoury

Pics of me and my armor

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Brian:
It should be snug enough that he doesn't bobble around on your head when moving it side to side or up and down. Mine is also a bit "close" on my nose, so much so that I made a special cushion for my nose that runs between the oculars but narrow enough that it doesn't obstruct my vision. I secure it with the magical medieval velco! ;)

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-09-21, 01:48:24 ---It should be snug enough that he doesn't bobble around on your head when moving it side to side or up and down. Mine is also a bit "close" on my nose, so much so that I made a special cushion for my nose that runs between the oculars but narrow enough that it doesn't obstruct my vision. I secure it with the magical medieval velco! ;)

--- End quote ---

Hmm i was thinking on making some padding on the side of your head above ears incase you get struck in the head and infront like nose and back off head to absorb inpact

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-09-20, 23:21:28 ---Only if the helm still feels loose on your head. I take it you'll wear your coif as well so there may not be a need for a liner at all. :)
Let us know how the new arming cap + coif works as I like having options with my kit as well and I made my liner easily removable. :)

--- End quote ---

I can bring my arming cap and coif to MDRF next time if you want to try it; I'm hoping to armor up if I can get a few tweaks done and the weather cooperates so I will have them with me.

Leganoth, as Sir Brian said, whatever gets it "snug" is what you'll probably want to go with. You can attach padding directly to the helmet if necessary. The "blue cell camping mat" is/was available at Walmart/Outdoor shops and is about $10 for enough to do an entire set of armor with leftovers. It's not period, and it doesn't breathe well at all, but it's a cheap, stable option to start with.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---I can bring my arming cap and coif to MDRF next time if you want to try it; I'm hoping to armor up if I can get a few tweaks done and the weather cooperates so I will have them with me.
--- End quote ---
Sounds good to me! :)

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-09-21, 01:48:24 ---It should be snug enough that he doesn't bobble around on your head when moving it side to side or up and down. Mine is also a bit "close" on my nose, so much so that I made a special cushion for my nose that runs between the oculars but narrow enough that it doesn't obstruct my vision. I secure it with the magical medieval velco! ;)

--- End quote ---

Also how would one go about getting dirt/hand prints etc off the helm? I need a new clean, I'm not sure what ive used before, my dad just gave me some metal polisher but it needs proper cleaning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version