Main > The Armoury

Pics of me and my armor

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
You're gonna need a snug fit with a helm, I fought with a loose fitting helm and it kept sliding around and got annoying, especially when the brim kept blocking my vision. Using an arming cap was the best solution.

SirNathanQ:
For most stuff I use steel wool. Heavy rust gets the buffer  8)

Good start! Have you thought about tailoring your maille? The butted stuff is super-easy to work with, and it's good experience for if you want to modify nicer riveted maille in the future. 

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-09-22, 02:13:49 ---For most stuff I use steel wool. Heavy rust gets the buffer  8)

Good start! Have you thought about tailoring your maille? The butted stuff is super-easy to work with, and it's good experience for if you want to modify nicer riveted maille in the future.

--- End quote ---

I have, i want to do what you did but i dont think id have the patience for it or tools

Sir Ulrich:
You could just cut out a small amount and but the rest together, or just wear some bracers over it to fix the bingo wing problem. They sell metal bracers really cheaply at mercenary's tailor but i'm not sure if they'd be period except maybe for the LATE 13th early 14th century. I plan to do the bracer fix myself till I get icefalcon rings and rivets to tailor my own maille.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-22, 02:51:45 ---
--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-09-22, 02:13:49 ---For most stuff I use steel wool. Heavy rust gets the buffer  8)

--- End quote ---

I have, i want to do what you did but i dont think id have the patience for it or tools

--- End quote ---

Well the only tools you'll need for working with butted maille is a couple of pliers, the patience comes only with practice and fortitude, after all "dealing" with armor is the penance we must all pay for this infatuation of ours.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version