Main > The Courtyard

WMAW 2011

<< < (5/8) > >>

Sir William:
I thought he got irritated w/you Bill, and tried to throw you since he couldn't best you on foot.  I also really liked the sword and buckler demo...looks like you fellows had a grand time.  Hope to make it someday myself.

Sir Brian:
Great videos and excellent match Das Bill! Well done indeed although I would have been cool to have seen you do a pile driver on him in plate!   ;)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-09-21, 15:59:16 ---I thought he got irritated w/you Bill, and tried to throw you since he couldn't best you on foot.
--- End quote ---

Oh, no, he definitely was not irritated. Sean is a not only a fine fencer, but also a very honorable gentleman. I'm attaching a link below of a video of the exact same bout where the sound is better, and you can hear him telling the judges to give me the point about the throw because he was more concerned about us doing justice to the art then he was about winning for personal gain. That's the kind of stand-up guy Sean is.

As a side note, Sean was having issues with his helmet (that's why it kept popping up), and it was strongly blocking his vision, yet he didn't try to use that as an excuse. I'm quite certain the bout would have turned out different had he not had this issue, and I can't wait until the next time I get to fight him to find out! :)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-09-21, 15:59:16 ---I thought he got irritated w/you Bill, and tried to throw you since he couldn't best you on foot.
--- End quote ---

Oh, no, he definitely was not irritated. Sean is a not only a fine fencer, but also a very honorable gentleman. I'm attaching a link below of a video of the exact same bout where the sound is better, and you can hear him telling the judges to give me the point about the throw because he was more concerned about us doing justice to the art then he was about winning for personal gain. That's the kind of stand-up guy Sean is.

As a side note, Sean was having issues with his helmet (that's why it kept popping up), and it was strongly blocking his vision, yet he didn't try to use that as an excuse. I'm quite certain the bout would have turned out different had he not had this issue, and I can't wait until the next time I get to fight him to find out! :)

Sir William:
Glad to hear it...and noted the issues w/the helm (including hearing someone mention 'duct tape' as a solution lol).  I think its awesome such stand-up guys are into the art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version