Main > The Courtyard

WMAW 2011

<< < (4/8) > >>

Sir Edward:
People recorded video of some of the fights. I'll try to locate some. Also, one of the other VAF guys shot some video of one of my bouts (me vs Matt Cacy, considered one of the top Selohaar students). I hope to get a copy of that soon too.

In the meantime, here are my pictures from the event. It's in two facebook albums:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150373510366341.404751.534921340

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150381790336341.406379.534921340

Sir Edward:

Don't mess with Jess:

Sir Edward:
Our own Bill Grandy (with the yellow and red leggings) in a longsword bout during the armored deed of arms:

And a sword-and-buckler bout between Guy Windsor and Roland W. (not going to try to spell his name) during the feast night's combat demos:

Sir Edward:

Baton fight:

Das Bill:
My head is still reeling at what an amazing event that was. Every year it seems to get better and better.

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-09-21, 01:47:24 ---Our own Bill Grandy (with the yellow and red leggings) in a longsword bout during the armored deed of arms:

--- End quote ---

There is a mistake in the naming in that video. I was fighting Maestro Sean Hayes, not "John". That was an incredibly fun fight. There was a scary moment at the end that the video doesn't capture, but I drove my point into Sean's armpit just as he was closing to throw me. The point was in there so well, which is what caused him to fall with me, and he fell straight on top of it. I felt the blade really bend hard, and those are not very flexible swords. I was genuinely scared Sean had gotten hurt, and I heard people around me asking, "Are you okay?" Turns out they were talking to me, not him, and everything was just fine. :)

I am a little confused as to why they ended the bout there, as we were supposed to go to 5 passes, yet we only did four. *shrug* No biggie; I had a ton of fun either way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version