Main > The Armoury

Got my chausses and 13th century underwear package

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sir Wolf:
wash in cold and dry on no heat.

you can use leather thongs to attach the chausis to the brais. its not cotton it's linen, it's a lil rougher than cotton so you will get used to it. wash it a lot and use fabric softener when drying with no heat NO HEAT! (or it will shrink bad)

Sir Ulrich:

Heres how they look on me, makes my outfit MUCH more medieval looking, I can't however stand how the boxer part of it sticks out a bit showing white and getting rid of my "dark" appearance I'm aiming for. May dye it black as well cause white looks terrible on me. I did wash the clothing and it's MUCH softer now. After wearing all that linen, I actually want to get a linen gambeson, just don't know where to get one for under 150 dollars, and I don't want a stuffed one just want a few layers of linen with a little bit of cotton batting.

Sir William:
Check out icefalcon...he's got lightweight arming cottes for $125 or so...sale ends soon though I think.

Sir Edward:

Looks good! Which part are you complaining about that's white? I'm not seeing it in the photo. If you mean a little white sticks out right in the crotch area, well... that's completely period. :) But yeah, dying it would probably work well.

The way that was hidden in period was with long surcoats. By the time the doublets and jupons and the like shortened to waist-length, they were starting to join the hose together and/or put on a codpiece.

Sir Wolf:
ya u really should have a knee length tunic on also. but that can come later

i warn you, dyeing brais isn't very period ;) the only colored brais i have seen are in religious paintings showing marters or torture scenes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version