Main > The Armoury

Got my chausses and 13th century underwear package

(1/7) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Allright so my chausses came in the mail today, I am impressed by the quality of the chausses also the linen is pretty soft so they're quite comfortable, actually they're more comfortable than the skinny jeans I normally wear. The shirt and braies however are somewhat rough and irritating to my skin, the braies were HUGE and super baggy but they fit me pretty well considering the stuff I usually wear the baggyness is a break from the tight pants I normally wear. The shirt I wish was less... rough on my skin it's actually quite irritating. Would washing it make it softer? Also it didnt come with laces, so I have yet to lace the chausses to the braies anyone got suggestions on what to use for lacing it? Preferably a period way to lace them.

Sir James A:
I "cheat" and don't wear period undergarments, but for the chausses, I'd suggest using a pourpoint. It's a lot of weight to hold up by braies, and I'd wager they would pull themselves down or rip out pretty easily. If not a pourpoint, a C-belt designed for wearing plate legs would be my second suggestion, but a pourpoint would be much more comfortable.

Sir Edward:

Just to be clear, are we talking about mail chausses or linen chausses? If it's the latter, they should point to the braies. If it's mail, then yes, some sort of pourpoint or doublet is probably ideal. I use a belt for mine, and I have to make it really damn tight, as in several inches smaller than my normal waist measurement.

Sir Ulrich:
Linen ones, I don't have the money to afford maille ones yet, or at least the correct sizing yet. I did email the company saying it DID say it would come with laces for it.

Sir James A:
Oops, my mistake, I must have seen "in the mail" and just focused on the "mail" part. I thought padded chausses would be underwear. :oops:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version