Main > The Courtyard

Hanwei Practical Longsword?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yes, it's a sickness. You can never have too many Albions. That's how it begins... you only need one. Then you find another one you like just as much, in a completely different way. Then you realize that the ones you have a great cutters, but you don't have a good harnessfechten thruster. And so on... :)

Sir William:
Yes, and the disease is compounded by all of the beauties they hold in their catalog...you could start by wanting one from specific eras, then you'll find that you'll want one from each of the Oakeshott typologies- that is what I am currently struggling with.  LOL

Sir Edward:

... and then you decide you want a sharp and a blunt of similar characteristics...

... and then you move on to scabbards. :)

Sir Brian:
Pity I only have one extra kidney to sell in order to buy them all...unless I can convince others to sell one of their kidneys to help feed my addiction!  ;D

So which Albion is considered the best at kidney extraction?  ;)

Sir William:
For me, it is a no-brainer- the Knight.  It is their pound-for-pound champ in my book.  That or the Kingmaker...now the Knight's a type XII, your archetypal knightly sword and the Kingmaker's a type XVIII- my two favorite typologies of them all.

But you, being a rather large and imposing knight, might prefer one of their bastard swords...in which case I have only ever loved two...the Crecy and the Duke.  Between the two, the Crecy is the finesse blade, the Duke is the tank.  At least...that was my impression.

You might also consider their Squire Line swords...I'm interested in the 15thC bastard and the 13thC knightly...at about 60% of the price of their Signature Line, definitely worth taking a look at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version