Main > The Armoury

GDFB 14th Century Guantlets

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir Brian:
Thank you for your timely endorsement Sir Gerard! I think I'll buy them while they are still in stock and on sale!  :)

Sir William:
I've seen some like those before, think they were called demi's because they didn't go all the way around.  Can't hurt flexibility, that's for sure and the protection's there, unless you go around with your arms fixed as if you're constantly confused or sheepish.  LOL

Sir Wolf:
demi gauntlets only cover the back of the hand and the wrist. they have no fingers. most of the times they are 2 piece but some times they are 1 piece.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---Thank you for your timely endorsement Sir Gerard! I think I'll buy them while they are still in stock and on sale!  :)

--- End quote ---

Woohoo! I got the e-mail this morning that my new steel mitten gauntlets are on the way and will be delivered tomorrow! I hope it's delivered early enough for me to add an additional palm strap if it needs it so I can wear them to WMA training tomorrow night!  ;D

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-06-16, 18:30:03 ---Has anyone fought with these?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I only just saw this now. I have these as "loaner" gauntlets, and they are only a step above worthless for any kind of blossfechten. They have poor mobility and the rivits constantly pop out with pieces falling off. The only reason I haven't just thrown them away is because they will work for newer students to start learning harnisfechten, where they remain in the half-sword position and don't need much finger dexterity. Even there, these are not great for that, but they are better than nothing... and they encourage the students to buy their own. ;)

If you're looking for gauntlets for WMA training, the sad fact of the matter is that you simply have to spend the money. The reason gauntlets like these are cheap is because someone didn't put the time and effort into making them worthwhile. If you don't want to spend the money, then you need to go with something like lacrosse glove. But there's no such thing as cheap but good gauntlets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version