Main > The Armoury

GDFB 14th Century Guantlets

(1/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
pictures to come after work.

when i opened the box, and opened the 100s of yards of plastic and paper i was like oooooooooo then hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
they are not bad for the price (under 100 at kult of athena) and even better for me FREE!! but they do have some aesthetic issues. the fingers are not rolled or dished enough. the knuckle area isn't as well. the fingers are sewn to the leather gauntlet liners but there is a whole lot of excess that needs to be trimmed. they will work well for my kit and would encourage others that can't afford 500 dollar pair of gauntlets to get a set. i am thinking of removing the brass work but not 100% sold on that idea.
they fit my smaller hands well and the fingers move pretty good. i can grip a sword a lot better than i can in the mail mittens that's for sure. :) they are also cut in a way that allows for a lot of wrist movement. Hal from Therion was great to deal with and the shipping from him was done very professionally. he even sent me a Spanish coin that looks like a remake of a doubloon.

Sir William:
Huh...might have to keep these in mind should I decide to go this route.  I probably will, eventually.

Sir Brian:
Would they be worthy to fight with Sir Wolf?

Sir James A:
Sir Brian, if I may - I wouldn't trust my fingers to them - especially with your record thus far. ;) The gauntlets I wore at VARF with my kit were the same ones Sir Wolf just received. I had one finger break the thread sewn to the leather tab, and my total time wearing them is maybe 2 hours. Maybe with reworked (or replaced) fingers they would be good for combat, but not as they come. Or maybe if your last name is "Knievil" and broken bones are normal.

They are certainly nice as costume armor for the price, though.

Congrats, Sir Wolf.

Sir Brian:
Thanks Sir James! I suppose it would be best to stick with my leather clamshell gaunts when practicing WMA!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version