Main > The Great Hall

The Mysterious Sir Joshua Santana is here!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Brian:
Hail and well met Sir Joshua! Glad you finally decided to join us here on the forum! :)

Sir Edward:
Hail, and welcome to the forum!

I was just curious about this:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-03-28, 20:59:55 ---I was planning to wear a 14th Century harness until I found out that it wouldn't work (for the knight for hire service) but I would buy one for other purposes.

--- End quote ---

What aspect of the 14th century harness isn't to your liking? The 14th had a wide range and represented the evolution from all-mail to mostly-plate.

But I must say, overall you've chosen very well to go with a gothic harness. It's hard to go wrong with that, as that is some of the most beautiful armor out there.

Sir James A:
Hail and well met!

I second Sir Edward's question about the 14th Cent and what you think doesn't fit. While Gothic is among the most decorative and generally accepted as most elegant, it is also among the most expensive. ;)

Thorsteinn:
http://www.thecompaignyestore.com/html/14_century_mafia.html

"14th Century Mafia Gear

Let me maketh an offre to you that you canst not by any means refuse...

Perhaps you love the Hundred Years' War.  Maybe it's the shiny awesomeness of a houndskull bascinet that has drawn you in.  It could be that you have read the tales of Froissart and the many feats of arms and chivalry that were done by men at arms in that time, and it speaks to you.  Whatever the source of your interest in the 14th century, here is some gear to express that love to others, and to show your allegiance to the one true century in unmistakable terms."

;)

Joshua Santana:
I thank everyone of you!

To answer sir Edward and Sir James' question.

The 14th Century is harness is a good looking harness, the decision to switch from 14th century to Gothic comes from my inspiration and role model Sir Karl Martin Kindt III who is the Knight for Hire I mentioned before.  He recommended the switch based on armor that I can put on myself without any assistance, i did some research and 14th Century harnesses needed some help (i believe with with liners).  But there are other 14th Century harnesses that use straps, I am aware of that and I would purchase them.  I was looking for armor that had straps and Gothic seemed to work the best for me.  Also, since I intend to demonstrate the Knightly Arts, I thought that it would be a good decision on my part to change the harness into the Gothic type (I intend to show some plates from Paulus Kal, Talhoffer and others and demonstrate the techniques) to show that correlation and to avoid (in my mind while I was thinking about this) kids and teachers who would say: "Knight's didn't wear the armor you're wearing?  It's not in the picture" argument.

I am aware that Gothic is expensive, that is my reason for saving the money before burning it on customizations for the harness.

But I thank all of you the same!

This is the website where you can find out more about Sir Karl. www.knightforhire.com

At your Service,

Sir Joshua Santana, Knight of The Lion Blade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version