"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: joan of arc 1948  (Read 5463 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
joan of arc 1948
« on: 2011-03-14, 01:12:46 »
man the armour is so much better than anything holiwierd could put out today. you can totally tell it's plastic but still its a great movie

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: joan of arc 1948
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-15, 15:32:06 »
I liked The Messenger, starring Milla Jovovovich as Joan...granted, it could've done w/out the supernatural elements, but it was still an entertaining movie.  I'll have to check out that old one...
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-21, 16:49:58 »
I liked The Messenger, starring Milla Jovovovich as Joan...granted, it could've done w/out the supernatural elements, but it was still an entertaining movie.  I'll have to check out that old one...

I enjoyed that one too. It has some thought-provoking messages in it, too.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-24, 19:02:07 »
It did...sometimes I don't want to look for the deeper meaning, these days we're blessed/cursed with movies that don't require much in the way of thought, unless you venture off the beaten (Hollywood) path.

Anyone seen Agora yet?  It was what I expected, but not all that I expected.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Robert Hinds

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-28, 00:47:31 »
Sometimes those older movies have better accuracy than the modern ones. There was one advertised on a local movie station that looked good from the 10 seconds they flashed: Henry V 1944 or 1946 (not sure which because they showed the title really quick). It was an english film I think.

In the blurb for it I saw a houndskull and a great bascinet. I have NEVER seen a great bascinet in a movie before. I'd try and rent a copy if I could but I can't find any.

Theres another semi-good movie from the 50's called Knights of the round table I think, that has half-swording and mortschlage. It was my favorate movie from ages 6-10 lol.  :)
"No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution." -Niccolo Machiavelli