"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: Went to Wicked Faire  (Read 3875 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Went to Wicked Faire
« on: 2011-02-22, 01:17:36 »
Enjoyed myself, I took a short swordsmanship lesson and the people were quite impressed by my knowledge on medieval arms and armor. I must say that when I wielded the swords they had they were so light as they were a group that did 1300s-1500s type swords and I myself am used to viking/norman swords. Still worked quite well for me. I also met some viking reenactor who was quite impressed by my outfit and whatnot.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Went to Wicked Faire
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-22, 01:45:42 »

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-22, 02:08:06 »
Yup thats the one, it was mostly goths actually. A few rennies though I met up with and some even weirder folks such as this one guy who was dressed up like a wolf.

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-22, 04:30:11 »
Cool that they have people teaching actual historical swordsmanship and not just made up stuff.

Though yikes, there was a guy teaching "baritsu"? There's no such thing. :) It's "bartitsu". It was mispelled as "baritsu" in the Sherlock Holmes novel. I hope the gentleman claiming to teach it knows that and isn't just a fraud.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-22, 06:08:03 »
Yeah, I would of joined their society but they were based in Boston and I live in Jersey. But I have a feeling I'll be seeing them again if I go to more medieval faires in the area.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-23, 19:51:57 »
Maybe its me but I can't find a date for the activities...is this Faire now over?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€