"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: FS: Ice Flacon SS Chainmail Haubergeon  (Read 9951 times)

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: FS: Ice Flacon SS Chainmail Haubergeon
« Reply #15 on: 2011-02-14, 14:12:49 »
I found the article mentioned earlier.  Mr. Patrick Kelly goes into great depth with his experience removing galvanization from his Indian made mail.  It's a good read, quite hilarious in some parts and quite scary in others.

Maille arrives from Wholesalearmor.com
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2011-02-15, 21:42:17 »
Hey, wholesale armor is where I got MINE...so I'm guessing its the same thing.  I'll do the magnet test tonight to know for sure.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #17 on: 2011-02-15, 23:26:49 »
I do not wish to derail this thread as there is a

Ice Flacon SS Chainmail Haubergeon on sale for $500 (Wow  :o)

, but has Wholesalearmour.com gone out of business?  I can't seem to find them on my interweb machine.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: 2011-02-16, 00:56:23 »
I actually have a question about the GDFB mail. Main reason I went for Icefalcon mail is in the pics it appears to taper with the sleeves. Otherwise I would of gotten the GDFB stuff, but on the GDFB stuff it does not seem to taper. It just looks like a hollow tube or whatever. Does anyone here have GDFB mail and can conform that for me?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-16, 00:56:47 by Sir Ulrich »

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2011-02-16, 14:34:37 »
Rodney, that site's been down for months...you might have better luck tracking him down via his eBay store, the Kings Lance.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #20 on: 2011-02-18, 02:15:23 »
I tried looking for them on Ebay and it said this store does not exist for some reason.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 2011-02-23, 21:41:25 »
Then he's gone from the scene so far as I know.  You could try looking him up by his name, Bruce Wiggins...of course, that could be a nom de guerre.